Our Philosophy – We treat others as we would like to be treated
We strive to retain and conserve all natural teeth and tooth material. This includes:
- Using restorative fillings until, for example, crowns or implants are necessary
- Leaving existing dental work that is still esthetically and functionally satisfactory
- Using finer drill bits
We keep the patient informed:
- Providing the patient with different treatment options
- Explaining the benefits and consequences of each treatment option
- Clarifying the associated cost of each option
- Advising patients on achieving natural, esthetic and enhanced dental function
- Clarifying what we are doing step by step
We allocate sufficient time to each patient
- Some patients truly dislike oral treatment of any kind or are very fearful and thus need more chair time
- Prosthetic dentistry is complex work involving unbroken concentration to detail. Major restorative treatment sessions may involve several individual visits of 2-3 hours and sometimes even longer.
- Additionally, we support the conservative and proper use of sedatives and anesthetics.
- We do not use N2O (nitrous oxide gas) to numb a patient – Dr. Klostermyer is known for pain-free Novocain injections.
- Rarely does a patient request or need a mild sedative.