About Advanced Dentistry of Richmond
Commitment to excellence
Our dental practice is committed to providing superior oral health services to our patients. We foster patient relationships based on mutual trust, excellent customer service, and the best-personalized patient care available. Our team is devoted to restoring, enhancing and maintaining your teeth using conservative, state-of-the-art dental procedures.
Prevention and oral health maintenance
At our office, we believe preventative dental care and maintenance is vital to your dental health. Through regularly scheduled exams we check the overall health of your teeth and gums, perform oral cancer screenings and perform x-rays to detect problems before they worsen. Routine dental cleanings, sealants, and fluoride treatments help prevent cavities and dental disease. We review your medical history to assess your overall health and identify any illnesses that may have an impact on your dental health.
Office sterilization and safety procedures
We want to ensure the health of our patients and our dental team. Our practice follows safety procedures recommended by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Using disinfectant hand soap
- Wearing gloves, masks, glasses and/or face shields
- Chemical disinfection of counter tops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all non-disposable instruments and equipment before every use
- Chemical disinfection of all items which cannot be sterilized
- Use of disposable plastic coverings and sheaths over surfaces with high contact such as the dental chair, equipment, air/water syringe and light handles.
As your dental health care provider, we want you to be confident knowing that we take the responsibility of your health and safety very seriously.
Training & expertise
Our dental team is comprised of highly trained and skilled professionals who are licensed and certified. At our practice, we are committed to continuing education and learning. We regularly attend training classes, dental lectures, and dental conventions so we can offer the latest dental techniques, procedures, products, and equipment to our patients. We are also active members of various dental associations – this helps our office keep up with changes and advances in the dental profession.
The goal of our practice is to provide superior dental health care while creating lasting relationships with each individual patient. We appreciate the opportunity to be your dental health care provider, and we look forward to seeing you and your family!
Our dental practice
What we are
- A small practice that specializes in high-quality complex restorative and aesthetic dentistry, implants, and treatment planning
Highly individualized dental practice– you will be treated by the same dentist and assistant for each visit. Dr. Klostermyer will assess your oral condition and based on your objectives, device options for comprehensive treatment plans and recommend different solutions that fit your needs and budget.
Highly selective in choosing our specialist partners – we work with a carefully selected network of endodontists, periodontists, orthodontists, pedodontists, ENT, plastic surgeons, and maxillofacial surgeons. Each of whom offers special skills that may be needed as part of your treatment plan.
A high-quality practice that grows through referrals. We seek long-term relationships with well-informed clientele.
- Free to select the best high-quality materials and best dental laboratories. We set our own treatment standards.
- Offer multiple treatment options and explain the cost, advantages, and limitations of each.
Focused and thorough in our use of appointment time. You will never feel rushed through an appointment and will never have long wait
We price our services commensurate with the necessary time and best materials to achieve high quality mutually agreed outcomes. When possible we undertake steps to apply your dental insurance to your bill.
We take time to administer painless injections, to e.g. lubricate lips, to provide suction to ask how you are doing and if you need a break. Our hygiene sessions are thorough and typically last an hour.
What we are not
We are not part of a corporate dentistry network or multi-practice network of family/general dentists.
We don’t attempt to do everything, but rather to offer prosthetic and cosmetic procedures with very high quality. We recognize the benefits of cross-functional teams. Our objective is not to capture revenue from every dental procedure but to provide the highest comprehensive standard of dental treatment. This involves meticulous treatment planning and close collaboration with a specialist network.
- We are not corporate dentistry. We don’t solicit patients with coupons for exams and teeth whitening or dental insurance.
- We do not allow dental insurances to indirectly limit the quality of your care through their reimbursement policies.
Per default, our treatment plans are conservative with regard to cost and treatment longevity. Our bias is to retain and preserve natural teeth.
- We will not rush your appointment due to tight booking.
- We do not utilize time and materials to stay below limits set by dental insurance. After all who is setting the standards here?
- We are not a group practice with multiple dentists with varying skill levels and skill-sets.